- Certain sections of this Privacy Notice may apply only to residents of the U.S. ("U.S. Only"), while other sections apply only to residents outside of the U.S. ("Outside the U.S.").
- Absolute Value may occasionally update this Privacy Notice to reflect policy changes as well as company and customer feedback.
- By using the Absolute Value website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
- PERSONAL DATA
Absolute Value collects personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, address or phone number. Absolute Value also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your zip code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Absolute Value. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
Absolute Value collects, uses, and discloses Personal Data as outlined in this Privacy Notice:
- To provide you with Software and Services
- To operate and improve our Software and Services
- For sharing educational material
- To obtain general statistics regarding use of the Absolute Value website
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is typically collected when:
- You subscribe to our services, request support for our solutions, or interact with or utilize our Software and Services in any other way
- You communicate with us, provide us your information at tradeshows, or sign up for promotional materials
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources
- When we leverage and/or collect cookies, device IDs, location data from the environment and other tracking technologies
- HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
Absolute Value does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- Absolute Value may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of our subsidiaries about a particular offering that may be of interest to you.
- We may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, provide product alerts, or arrange for deliveries.
- All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Absolute Value, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Sensitive personal information
- Absolute Value does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- The Absolute Value website will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Absolute Value or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Absolute Value; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Absolute Value, or the public.
- WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the Software and Services
- To be able to notify customers and resellers of new software releases and other technology alerts
- To keep track of the websites and pages our customers visit within Absolute Value, in order to determine which Absolute Value Software and Services are the most popular. (This data is used to deliver customized content within Absolute Value to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.)
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
In some situations, we will ask for your consent to process your Personal Data. However, in many circumstances, applicable data protection laws allow us to process your Personal Data without needing to obtain your consent.
5.1 Consent is not required:
- To perform contractual obligations, fulfill orders, contact you regarding issues with your order or use of our Software and Services.
- To comply with legal obligations and public safety issues.
- For legitimate interests, such as providing you with important notices regarding changes to our terms, responding to your requests, alerting you to urgent technological developments as they relate to our Software and Services.
5.2 Consent may be required:
In cases where we are not already allowed to process your Personal Data without consent, we may seek your consent to process your Personal Data, including:
Education – Absolute Value may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Absolute Value and its affiliates.
Research – We may also seek your consent to use your Personal Data for research purposes to help inform our product development, educational, and event planning functions. Absolute Value may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
For example, if you view Absolute Value pages, or register with Absolute Value site or services, a cookie helps Absolute Value to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
When you return to the same Absolute Value website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Absolute Value features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Absolute Value services or websites you visit.
If you want to stop receiving future educational messages and materials, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in our email marketing messages, or responding to periodic subscription maintenance emails from Absolute Value.
- ANONYMIZED DATA
By removing data components (such as your name, email address, or linkable tracking ID) from your Personal Data we may create anonymous data. Our use of anonymized data is not restricted by this Privacy Notice.
- TRANSFER & STORAGE
Absolute Value secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- Absolute Value secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment located in the United States, which is protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- U.S. data protection and privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen (if you are a non U.S. citizen).
- By using our Software and Services and/or submitting your Personal Data, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
- DATA SUBJECT ACCESS, MODIFICATION, AND DELETION RIGHTS (OUTSIDE U.S.)
You have the right in certain circumstances to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Data. Where we are processing your Personal Data, you also have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of such Personal Data.
You have the right in certain circumstances to receive the Personal Data concerning you that you provided to us and have the right in certain circumstances to transmit such data to another controller.
To exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As permitted by law, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, and/or deletion. Furthermore, we may charge for this service and will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law.
- SECURITY SAFEGUARDS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
While we may provide links to other (Third Party) sites, we have no control over, and are not responsible for, Third Party sites, their content, or any goods or services available through them.
Absolute Value encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Absolute Value so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. Absolute Value is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Absolute Value website.
Absolute Value uses appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against the accidental loss, destruction, or damage of Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
- CONTACT US